Hi,

I have a field in Solr that I want to be sortable. But at the same time, I want
to be able to search on that field without using wild cards. Is that possible ?

For example, if I have a field "Subject" with a value "This is my first
subject", searching in solr as subject:first should give me this result. And
the field "Subject" should be sortable.
I have read about the option of copying this to a different field, using one
for searching by tokenizing, and one for sorting. But am looking for to be able
to do both things on the same field.

Can someone please point to a way to achieve this ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.