Maybe you are generating a snapshot of your index attached to the optimize ???
Look for post-commit or post-optimize events in your solr-config.xml

De: Rajani Maski [rajinima...@gmail.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2011 11:11
Para: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Asunto: Solr Optimization Fail

Hi,

 When we do optimize, it actually reduces the data size right?

I have index of size 6gb(5 million documents). Index is already created
with commits for every 10000 documents.

Now I was trying to do optimization with  http optimize command.   When i
did that,  data size became - 12gb.  Why this might have happened?

And can anyone please suggest me fix for it?

Thanks
Rajani