I've been doing a fair amount of reading and experimenting with Solr
lately. I find that it does a good job of indexing very structured
documents. However, the application I have in mind is build around
long EPUB documents.

Of course, I found the Extract components useful for indexing the
EPUBs. However, I would like to be able to

* Size the "highlight" portion of text around the query parameters
(i.e. show 20 or 30 words) and

* Retrieve a location within the document so I can display that "page"
from the EPUB.

What is common practice for these? I notice that if I have a list of
(short) text segments in fields, they are stored without too much fuss
and are retrievable. However, I'm talking about a field of potentially
hundreds of words.

Thanks for any pointers,
Dan

--