You're probably hitting the default limit on a field. This is set in
solrconfig.xml,
the <maxFieldLength> element. The first thing I'd try is upping that to, say,
10000000 reindex and see if that fixes your problem. This is the number
of *tokens*, not characters. Roughly the number of words...

Searching for the common word is probably a complete red herring.

Best
Erick