2012/1/6 Yury Kats <yuryk...@yahoo.com>:

> That probably means the home is not set properly, so it can't find solr.xml

Well, all the docs mention doing is this bit, which I have:

System.setProperty('solr.solr.home',
'/usr/servers/solr/apache-solr-3.5.0/example/heceta');

I've also tried it the other way mentioned on the wiki, where you do this:

File home = new File( "/path/to/solr/home" );
    File f = new File( home, "solr.xml" );
    CoreContainer container = new CoreContainer();
    container.load( "/path/to/solr/home", f );

    EmbeddedSolrServer server = new EmbeddedSolrServer( container,
"core name as defined in solr.xml" );

and I get the exact same error when trying that approach as well.  :-(

Phil