Hi,

It's quite coincidental that I was just about to ask this very
question to the forum experts.
I think this is the same sort of thing Jamie was asking about. (the
only difference in my question is that the values won't be known at
query time)

Is it possible to create a request that will return *multiple* facet
ranges - 1 for each value of a given field? (ideally, up to some
facet.limit)

For example: Let's say you query: user:* AND timestamp:[yesterday TO
now], with a facet field of 'user'.
Let's now say the faceting returns a count of 50, and there are 5
different values for 'user' - let's say user1, user2, user3, user4 and
user5 (50 things happened over the last 24 hours by 5 different
users).

Is it possible, in a single query, to get back 5 facet ranges over the
24hr period - one for each user? Or, do you simply have to do the
search, and then iterate through each value returned and date facet on
that?

Pivot faceting can give results for combinations of multiple facets,
but not ranges.

Thanks,
Peter