You still haven't given us much to go on. It would be helpful
to give some sample inputs, what you see when you query
(the output after adding &debugQuery=on is helpful), and the
fieldType definition from schema.xml for the field in question.

You might also try looking at the admin/analysis page to see
how your analysis chain breaks up the incoming stream
into tokens, that's often helpful....

Best
Erick