Is it possible for ord/rord to work with a function? I'm attempting to use
rord with a spatial function like the following as a bf:

bf=rord(geodist())

If there's no way for this to work, is there a way to simulate the same
behavior?

For some background, I have two sets of documents: one set applies to a
location in NY and another in LA. I want to boost documents that are closer
to where the user is searching from. But I only need these sets to be ranked
1 & 2. In other words, the actual distance should not be used to boost the
documents, just if you are closer or farther. We may add more locations in
the future, so I'd like to be able to rank the locations from closest to
furthest.

I need some way to rank the distances, and rord is the right idea, but
doesn't seem to work with functions.

I'm running Solr 3.4, btw.