I'm talking about 2 GB files. It means that I'll have to allocate something
bigger than that for the JVM? Something like 2,5 GB?

Thanks,

Augusto Camarotti

>>> Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com> 1/25/2012 1:48 pm >>>
Mostly it depends on your container settings, quite often that's
where the limits are. I don't think Solr imposes any restrictions.

What size are we talking about anyway? There are implicit
issues with how much memory parsing the file requires, but you
can allocate lots of memory to the JVM to handle that.

Best
Erick