Hi, all,

I am going to multilingual search in multicore solr. Specifically, the
design of the solr server is like: I have several cores corresponding to
different languages, where each core has its configuration files and data.

I have following questions:

1. While indexing a document, I use ExtractingRequestHandler in Tika0.10
(embed in Solr3.5.0) and I can get a field "language_s" after indexing. Is
it possible to get the info of the "language_s" before indexing happens, so
that I can put the document in the corresponding core?

2. In searching with a query, is it possible that I can use language
detection function to determine the language code of the query, so that I
direct the query to the corresponding core?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Note:  In this thread I would like to stick on multicore solr and want to
see whether the problems can be solved. Meanwhile, I am aware that
multilingual search does not necessarily need multicore solr, which I have
learned in previous thread.
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Tika0-10-language-identifier-in-Solr3-5-0-tt3671712.html#none