You could try to isolate the bottleneck by testing the indexing speed
from the local machine hosting Solr. Also tools like iostat or sar
might give you more details about the disk side.
Yes, I am doing different stuff to isolate bottleneck. Im also profiling JVM. And I am using iostat, top and sar already. Thanks. This questions was originally just to get an early indication of whether or not Jetty was at all designed for parallel production-like processing. Now I believe it is, until I prove that it does not live up to my requirements.
Thanks!
--
 Sami Siren