okay so after reading Bruno's blog post .. lets add slice to the mix as
well .. so we have got collections, cores, shards, partitions and slices :)
..

The whole point with cores is to be able to have different schemas on the
same solr server instance. So how does that changes with collections .. may
be an example might help .. if I want to setup a solrcloud cluster with 2
cores (different schema) .. with each core having 2 shards (i m assuming
shards are really partitions here, across multiple nodes in the cluster) ..
with one shard being the replica..