as far as I know, there are three situation it will be flushed to a new
segment: RAM buffer for posting data structure is used up; added doc
numbers are exceeding threshold and there are many deletions in a segment
but your configuration seems it is not likely to flush many small segments.

<ramBufferSizeMB>1024</ramBufferSizeMB>
<maxMergeDocs>2147483647</maxMergeDocs>