On 2/16/2012 6:31 PM, AdamLane wrote:
The delta instructions from
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Using_delta-import_command
works for me in solr 1.4 but crashes in 3.5.0 (error: "deltaQuery has no
column to resolve to declared primary key pk='ITEM_ID, CATEGORY_ID'"  issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2907)

Is there anyone out there that can confirm my bug?  Because I am new to solr
and hopefully I am just doing something wrong based on a misunderstanding of
the wiki.  Anyone successfully indexing the join of items and multiple
item_categories just like the wiki example that would be willing to share
their workaround or suggest a workaround?

I ran into something like this, possibly even this exact problem.

Things have been tightened up in 3.x. All query results now need to have a field corresponding to what you've defined as pk, or it's considered an error. I was not using the results from my deltaQuery, but I still had to adjust it so that it returned a field with the same name as my primary key. You have defined more than one field for your pk, so I don't really know exactly what you'll have to do - perhaps you need to have both ITEM_ID and CATEGORY_ID fields in your query results.

Thanks,
Shawn