Hello all!

We have a situation involving date searching that I could use some seasoned opinions on. What we have is a collection of records, each containing a Solr date field by which we want search on.

The catch is that we want to be able to search for items that match a specific day/month. Essentially, we're trying to implement a "this day in history" feature for our dataset, so that users would be able to put in a date and we'd return all matching records from the past 100 years or so.

Is there a way to perform this kind of search with only the basic Solr date field? Or would I have parse out the month and day and store them in separate fields at indexing time?

Thanks for the help!

-Kurt