lucene will never modify old segment files, it just flushes into a new
segment or merges old segments into new one. after merging, old segments
will be deleted.
once a file(such as fdt and fdx) is generated. it will never be
re-generated. the only possible is that in the generating stage, there is
something wrong. or it's deleted by other programs such as wrongly deleted
by human.