hello all,

we are approaching the time when we will move our first solr core in to a
more "production like" environment.  as a precursor to this, i am attempting
to write some documents on impact assessment and batch load / data import
strategies.

does anyone have processes or lessons learned - that they can share?

maybe a good place to start - but not limited to - would be how do people
monitor data imports (we are using a very simple DIH hooked to an informix
schema) and send out appropriate notifications?

thank you for any help or suggestions,
mark