i googled and found numerous references to this, but no answers that went to my
specific issues.

i have a solr 3.5.0 server set up that needs to index several different
document types, there is no common unique key field. so i can't use the
uniqueKey declaration and need to disable the QueryElevationComponent.

when i set this up with the uniqueKey, i mapped ids from the various database
tables to the id key temporarily just to get things working, but the results
from queries are showing me i really have to get rid of that hack. so i
commented out uniqueKey in schema.xml and commented out the
QueryElevationComponent searchComponent and the associated requestHandler in
solrconfig.xml

when i restart solr and go to the solr/admin/dataimport.jsp page to test, i get
the 'missing core name in path' error.

so what further configuration changes are required to disable
QueryElevationComponent?

thanks,
   richard