I have similar issues by using DIH,
and org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(AddUpdateCommand)
consumes most of the time when indexing 10K rows (each row is about 70K)
    -  DIH nextRow takes about 10 seconds totally
    -  If index uses whitespace tokenizer and lower case filter, then
addDoc() methods takes about 80 seconds
    -  If index uses whitespace tokenizer, lower case filer, WDF, then
addDoc uses about 112 seconds
    -  If index uses whitespace tokenizer, lower case filer, WDF and porter
stemmer, then addDoc uses about 145 seconds

We have more than million rows totally, and am wondering whether i am using
sth. wrong or is there any way to improve the performance of addDoc()?

Thanks very much in advance!

Following is the configure:
1) JVM:  -Xms256M -Xmx1048M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
2) Solr version 3.5
3) solrconfig.xml  (almost copied from solr's  example/solr directory.)

  <indexDefaults>

    <useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>

    <mergeFactor>10</mergeFactor>
    <!-- Sets the amount of RAM that may be used by Lucene indexing
         for buffering added documents and deletions before they are
         flushed to the Directory.  -->
    <ramBufferSizeMB>64</ramBufferSizeMB>
    <!-- If both ramBufferSizeMB and maxBufferedDocs is set, then
         Lucene will flush based on whichever limit is hit first.
      -->
    <!-- <maxBufferedDocs>1000</maxBufferedDocs> -->

    <maxFieldLength>2147483647</maxFieldLength>
    <writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>
    <commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>

    <lockType>native</lockType>
  </indexDefaults>