I confess that I did only minimal googling before composing the below.

I would like to be able to insert my own code into Solr to rescore
query results. To be more specific, I'd like to send Solr a query in
which some additional information is attached to the query. After Solr
has done the usual query thing on the base query, I want to run code
of mine that rescores (and thus reorders) the results. In SolrCloud, I
want my 'improved' scores to be the ones used to create and order the
final result set.

Is there a place to put this sort of behavior in the architecture?