If you add your query to the firstSearcher and/or newSearcher event
listeners in the slave
'solrconfig.xml' (
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching#newSearcher_and_firstSearcher_Event_Listeners
 ),

each new search instance will wait before accepting queries.

Example to load the FieldCache for 'your_facet_field' field :
    <listener event="firstSearcher" class="solr.QuerySenderListener">
      <arr name="queries">
name="facet.field">your_facet_field</str></lst>
      </arr>
    </listener>

Franck