I doubt that the pre-installed Jetty server has problems with UTF-8, although
you haven't told us what version of Solr you're running on so it could be really
old.

And you also haven't told us why you think UTF-8 is a problem. How is this
manifesting itself? Failed searches? Failed indexing? ???

Because there's some possibility that, if your problem is with
searching from the browser, that your _browser_ isn't
configured to handle UTF-8 for instance.

Best
Erick