Don't. "Optimize" is a poorly-chosen name for a full merge. It doesn't make
that much difference and there is almost never a need to do it on a periodic
basis.

The full merge will mean a longer time between the commit and the time that the
data is first searchable. Do the commit, then search.

wunder