On Apr 12, 2012, at 8:46 AM, Michael Ludwig wrote:

> I remember from my linguistics studies that the terminus technicus for
> these is "Fugenmorphem" (interstitial or joint morpheme).

That is some excellent linguistic jargon. I'll file that with "hapax legomenon".

If you don't highlight, you can get good results with pretty rough analyzers,
but highlighting exposes those, even when they don't affect relevance. For
example, you can get good relevance just indexing bigrams in Chinese, but it
looks awful when you highlight them. As soon as you highlight, you need a
dictionary-based segmenter.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood