So I believe I see the reason now.  Basically in app.js we check to
see if there is more than 1 core deployed to decide if we show the
core admin or not.  I am not sure this is intended or not, but I would
think this isn't what we want the default action to be.  Shouldn't we
always show the core admin menu option so users can grow their solr
instances without having to execute the core admin commands from curl
or something?