Hello Prabhu,

Look at SPM for Solr (URL in sig below).  It includes Index Statistics graphs,
and from these graphs you can tell:

* how many docs are in your index
* how many docs are deleted
* size of index on disk
* number of index segments
* number of index files
* maybe something else I'm forgetting now

So from size, # of segments, and index files you will be able to tell when
merges happened and before/after size, segment and index file count.

Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase -
http://sematext.com/spm