From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:j...@basetechnology.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:53 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: synonyms

There are lots of different strategies for dealing with synonyms, depending
on what exactly is most important and what exactly your are willing to
tolerate.

In your latest example, you seem to be using string fields, which is
somewhat different form the text synonyms we talk about in Solr. You can
certainly have multiple string fields, or even a multi-valued string field
to store variations on selected categories of terms. That works well when
you have a well-defined number of categories. So, you can have a user query
go against a combination of normal text fields and these category string
fields.

If that is sufficient for your application, great.

-- Jack Krupansky