You could just download postalcodes every day. To be nice, you could
pull the HEAD of each file and check if it is new.

This is just a set of tables, which you denormalize and add to your
other fields.

There are other sources of polygonal shape data, but there is no
official Solr toolkit for querying inside the irregular polygon.