Hi Jack,

That is interesting!  I hadn't realized but I guess mine varies slightly
from the example.  I show my version below.  It is like this because I
basically merged my 1.4 schema and solr configs with the example 3.6
configs (btw everything else is working fine):

<requestDispatcher handleSelect="true" >
                <httpCaching never304="true">
        <!-- a bunch of comments -->
                </httpCaching>
        </requestDispatcher>

        <requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler"
default="true">
                <!-- default values for query parameters -->
                <lst name="defaults">
                        <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
                        <str name="fl">*,score</str>

                </lst>