On May 21, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> I think the reason that you see a multiple values error when you try the
> other order is because of the lack of a document clone (the other issue I
> mentioned a few emails back). Addressing that won't solve your issue though

I take that back - I think that may be the only way to make this work well. We
need that document clone, which will let you put the dedupe proc after the
distrib proc. I think in general, the dedupe proc will only work if your
signature field is the id field though - otherwise, hash sharding that happens
on the id field is going to cause a problem.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com