"pish it too jard" - sounds funny. :)

I meant "push it too hard".

Am 24.05.2012 11:46, schrieb Michael Kuhlmann:
There is no hard limit for the maximum nunmber of documents per update.

It's only memory dependent. The smaller each document, and the more
memory Solr can acquire, the more documents can you send in one update.

However, I wouldn't pish it too jard anyway. If you can send, say, 100
documents per update, the you won't gain much if you send 200 documents
instead, or even 1000. The number of requests don't count that much.

And, if the update fails for some reason, then the whole request will be
ignored. If you had sent 1000 documents in an update, and one of them
had a field missing, for example, then it's hard to find out which one.

Greetings,
Michael