Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:57 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: MongoDB and Solr

Hi

I am building web app/mobile app, where users can update information
frequently and there is a search function to quick search the information
using different types of searches.

Most of the data is going to be posted in JSON Format and stored in JSON
format

I have a few questions on the architecture choices, I am relatively new to
Solr and MongoDB.

1. Should I use MongoDB to store the JSON documents, or does Solr natively
store the documents in the data directory

2. Does Solr require a specific schema for the JSON document.

Thanks
Rajesh