Try a query that uses a term that doesn't split an alphanumeric term into two terms.

Then check to see what field type you used for the symbol and marker_symbol fields and whether the analyzer for that field type has changed in 3.6.

-- Jack Krupansky
-----Original Message----- From: Asfand Qazi
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:32 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Cannot get highlighting to work

Hello,

I am having problems doing highlighting a Solr 3.6 instance, while it
was working just fine before on our 1.4 instance.

The solrconfig.xml and schema.xml files are located here:

https://github.com/mpi2/mpi2_solr/blob/master/multicore/main/conf/schema.xml

(please note the incorrect line wrapping - it should be on one line)

https://github.com/mpi2/mpi2_solr/blob/master/multicore/main/conf/solrconfig.xml

(please note the incorrect line wrapping - it should be on one line)

The query I fire off (which worked on the 1.4 instance) is:

/solr/main/select?q=Cbx1&wt=json&hl=true&hl.fl=*&hl.usePhraseHighlighter=true

(please note the incorrect line wrapping - it should be on one line)

I expect a section like:
{
  MGI:105369: {
    symbol: [