On 4 June 2012 22:27, Rafael Taboada <kaliman.fore...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just solved using outer joins like this:
>
> <entity name="documento" query="SELECT
> d.iddocumento,d.nrodocumento,td.idtipodocumento,td.nombre AS
> nombretipodocumento FROM documento d LEFT OUTER JOIN tipodocumento td ON
> (d.tipodocumento = td.idtipodocumento)">
>         <field column="iddocumento" name="iddocumento" />
>         <field column="nrodocumento" name="nrodocumento" />
>         <field column="idtipodocumento" name="idtipodocumento" />
>         <field column="nombretipodocumento" name="nombretipodocumento" />
>
> Any idea why I can't index using sub-entities?
[...]

Dear Rafael,

No offence meant, but please take a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UsingMailingLists
This is by no means meant to discourage you
from asking questions on this list, but to
request due diligence from your side so that
people can help you better.

In this particular case, given that you have
changed your top-level SELECT, you might
wish to inform people about whether you have
made corresponding changes for sub-entities.

Have you tried out the various SELECT
statements in the entity, and sub-entity,
outside of Solr, to ensure that they provide
results?

Again, with due respect, it is unlikely that
a now-mature product like Solr has issues
like what you have been asking about, e.g.:
- Mapping column names to Solr field
  names
- Having sub-entities indexed properly.
At least from personal experience, we have
worked with both of these use cases without
any issues. Thankfully, Oracle was not
involved in our processes, but it would be
difficult to imagine that there is an issue
with Oracle in this regard.

Regards,
Gora