Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:47 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: using Tika (ExtractingRequestHandler)

I've updated the wiki to try and fill in some of these holes...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler

: i'm looking at using Tika to index a bunch of documents. the wiki page seems to be a little bit out of date ("// TODO: this is out of date as of Solr 1.4 - dist/apache-solr-cell-1.4.jar and all of contrib/extraction/lib are needed") and it also looks a little incomplete.
:
: is there an actual list of all the required jar files? i'm not sure they are in the same place in the 3.6.0 distribution as they were in 1.4, and having an actual list would be very helpful in figuring out where they are.
:
: as for "Sending Documents to Solr", is there any plan to address this todo: "// TODO: describe the different ways to send the documents to solr (POST body, form encoded, remoteStreaming)". this is really just a nice to have, i can see how to accomplish my goals using a method that is currently documented.
:
: thanks,
:    richard
: