Li Li,

have you considered allocating a RAM-Disk?
It's not the most flexible thing... but it's certainly close, in performance to
a RAMDirectory.
MMapping on that is likely to be useless but I doubt you can set it to zero.
That'd need experiment.

Also, doesn't caching and auto-warming provide the lowest latency for all
"expected queries" ?

Paul