We've got a tokenizer which is quite explicitly coded on the
assumption that it will only be called from one thread at a time.
After all, what would it mean for two threads to make interleaved
calls to the hasNext() function()?

Yet, a customer of ours with a gigantic instance of Solr 1.4 reports
incidents in which we throw an exception that indicates (we think),
that two different threads made interleaved calls.

Does this suggest anything to anyone? Other than that we've
misanalyzed the logic in the tokenizer and there's a way to make it
burp on one thread?