You're asking us to predict the future, which if I could I'd be rich enough
to build a mansion. If it's not marked as deprecated in 4.x or trunk, so it
doesn't look like there's any plans to deprecate it. Although what the future
holds is a good question..

I'd _strongly_ advise that you look at the admin/analysis page with the two
tokenizers to get a feel for how they behave, I find a few minutes playing
around there gives me a better sense of what's going on than descriptions...

Best
Erick