This works fine for me with 3.6, float fields and even on a currency type.

I'm assuming a typo for 15.00.00 BTW.

I admit I'm not all that familiar with the "currency" type, which I infer you're
using given the "USD" bits. But I ran a quick test with currency types and
it worked at least the way I ran it... But another quick look shows that
some interesting things are being done with the "currency" type, so who knows?

So, let's see your relevant schema bits, and the results of your query
when you attach &debugQuery=on to it.....

Best
Erick