I get a JSON parse error (pasted below) when I send an update to a replica
node. I downloaded solr 4 alpha and followed the instructions at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud/ and setup numShards=1 with 3 total
servers managed by a zookeeper ensemble, the primary at 8983 and the other
two at 7574 and 8900 respectively.

The error below shows up in the primary's log when I try to add a document
to either replica. The document add fails. I am able to successfully add
documents by directly sending to the primary. How do I correctly add
documents to replicas?

SEVERE: org.apache.noggit.JSONParser$ParseException: JSON Parse Error:
char=<,position=0 BEFORE='<' AFTER='add><doc boost="1.0"><field name="id">2'
        at org.apache.noggit.JSONParser.err(JSONParser.java:221)
        at org.apache.noggit.JSONParser.next(JSONParser.java:620)
        at org.apache.noggit.JSONParser.nextEvent(JSONParser.java:661)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.loader.JsonLoader$SingleThreadedJsonLoader.processUpdate(JsonLoader.java:105)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.loader.JsonLoader$SingleThreadedJsonLoader.load(JsonLoader.java:95)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.loader.JsonLoader.load(JsonLoader.java:59)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.UpdateRequestHandler$1.load(UpdateRequestHandler.java:92)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:74)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers$LazyRequestHandlerWrapper.handleRequest(RequestHandlers.java:240)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1561)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:442)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:263)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1337)
... [snip]