Hi,
I have 2 fields, one containing a string (product) and another containing a
boolean (show_product).

Is there a way of returning the product field with a value of null when the
show_product field is false?

I can make another field (product_computed) and index that with null where I
need but I would like to understand if there is a better approach like
putting a function query in the fl and make a computed field.

something like:
q=*:*&fq=&start=0&rows=10&fl=&qt=&wt=&explainOther=&hl.fl=/*product:(if(show_product:true,
product, "")*/

that obviously doesn't work.

thanks for any help

Maurizio