Right, as Michael says you've allocated a massive amount of memory.
I suspect you're just hitting a full-pause garbage collection and it's
taking a loooong time. Do you know whether you actually need all
that memory or was it allocated on the theory that "more is better"?

We often recommend that you _start_ with about 1/2 the memory to the
JVM and the rest to the OS. In your case, I'd back that off even more
unless you have evidence that this much memory is required.

Best
Erick