Hi,

Lets say I am running an auction site. There are 20,000 entries. 100 entries
come from an on-site SQL database, the rest come from a generated txt file
from scrapped content.

I want to import any new SQL results onto the server as quickly as possible
so they are searchable but I dont want to overload the server. These are my
new options:

1. Devise a script to run when a new SQL item is posted, to immediatly
import only the new SQL record to Solr
2. Run a CRON script on the hour to import the whole SQL database
3. Run a CRON script on the hour to import everything, including the SQL
entries and the large txt file with all the scrapped results.

I would really like to hear your feedback, because I cant get my head around
which one is the most efficient or pratical solution.

James