Hello,

I was wondering if there's other ways to import data in Solr than
posting xml/json/csv to the server URL (e.g. locally building the
index). Is the DataImporter only for database?

My data is in an enormous text file that is parsed in python, I get
clean json/xml out of it if I want, but the thing is that it drills
down to about 300 millions "documents", so I don't want to execute 300
millions http post in a for loop, even with relaxed soft commits etc
it will take weeks, months to populate the index.

I need to do that only once on an offline server and never add data
back to the index (e.g. becomes a read-only instance).

Any temporary index configuration I could have to populate the server
with optimal add speed, then turn back the settings optimized for a
read only instance?

Thanks!

--
jonatan