You can't update the original documents except by reindexing them, so
no easy group assigment option.

If you create this 'collection' once but query it multiple times, you
may be able to use SOLR4 join with IDs being stored separately and
joined on. Still not great because the performance is an issue when
mapping on IDs:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2012/06/20/solr-and-joins/ .

If the list is some sort of combination of smaller lists - you could
probably precompute (at index time) those fragments and do compound
query over them.

But if you have to query every time and the list is different every
time, that could be complicated.

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)