What does the "Statistics" page in the Solr admin say? There might be
several "searchers" open: org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher

Each searcher holds open different generations of the index. If
obsolete index files are held open, it may be old searchers. How big
are the caches? How long does it take to autowarm them?

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com