Two easy ones:
1) Facets on a text field are simple word counts by document.
2) If you want the number of times a word appears inside a document,
that requires a separate dataset called a 'term vector'. This is a
list of all words in a document with a count for each one.
These are simple queries. There are also batch computations where you
create a 'term-document matrix', with a row for each document and a
column for all terms that appear in any document. These computations
require exporting all of your data into a separate computation.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com