Thanks a lot Jack for your prompt reply! The JIRA issue indeed talks about
what I want to accomplish. I will try out Tricia's solution.

As regards your question - whether I want "real" page numbers? Yes, ideally
I want to get real page numbers (and am willing to put in the additional
parsing effort to get those). For starters, even integer page numbers will
work - do you have a simpler solution in mind for this case (than the one
described in SOLR-380)?

The text from the documents (for which I want page numbers) are represented
in certain fields of the Solr/Lucene document that I index, i.e., a
many-to-one relation exists between the office documents and Solr documents
in my index.

Regards,
Debdoot