On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Bing Hua <bh...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the information. It definitely helps a lot. There're
> numDeletesToKeep = 1000; numRecordsToKeep = 100; in UpdateLog so this should
> probably be what you're referring to.
>
> However when I was doing indexing the total size of TLogs kept on
> increasing. It doesn't sound like the case where there's a cap for number of
> documents?

No, there is no cap.  That's why the following is in solrconfig.xml:

     <autoCommit>
       <maxTime>15000</maxTime>
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
     </autoCommit>

That causes a hard commit every 15 seconds w/o opening a new searcher
(i.e. you still retain control over exactly when the searcher view
changes if you want).

> Also for peersync, can I find some intro online?

Nothing yet - but the idea is pretty simple... sync up with peers by
getting recent updates if possible.  If that fails, we get in sync by
copying over a full index.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com