Thanks Jack.

The information I want to pass is the "databasename" into which the analyzed
data needs to be inserted.

As i was saying earlier, the set up we have is
1) we use embedded solr server with multi cores  - embedded into our webapp
2) support one index for each client - each client has a separate database
(rdbms) and separate index (core)
3) dynamically create the config files when client request comes into our
service for first time.
   config files (schema xml) are separate but content is identifical for all
cores.

The custom filter factory we want to add to chain of filters in schema.xml
will process tokens and write them to the clients database.
I am trying to figure out a way to retrieve the database name based on the
information coming in request from client.

I hope this is clear.

Regarding your suggestion on ability to pass parameters in filed type
definitions. Can you please point me to documentation or example on how to
retrieve these parameter values from within filter factory?

Also I am not familiar with "update processor". Any link to additional
information on how to provide "update processor" will be greatly helpful.